Here at Hutcheon Examination Services Limited (HESL), the strength of our reputation isn’t just built on the comprehensive experience and recognised professional status (EngTech, IEng.) of our DBS-checked Engineer Surveyors.
Clients from a diverse range of industries choose HESL to carry out formal safety inspections for their mechanical equipment because we also offer support with planning safety inspections – thanks to our Central Planning Department.
How do clients benefit from our Central Planning Department?
What do the manager of a busy car workshop, the health and safety officer at a manufacturing plant, and the person in charge of organising regular safety checks on lifts in a care home or school have in common? They are all very dynamic, busy jobs with many responsibilities.
In these roles - and many others – there is often a constant balancing act going on. Statutory inspections in line with PUWER, LOLER, CoSHH/LEV, and PSSR are required for the safety of all those who work at or visit the site.
Lives and livelihoods depend upon this compliance. Accidents and injuries, stalled productivity, a dented reputation, costly fines, and invalidated insurance policies are just some of the high risk implications of not getting mechanical equipment tested regularly. Yet, all the other pressures of management can take up so much time that it becomes hard to keep on top of planning safety inspections.
From sending out renewal reminders to making inspection appointments, as well as compiling formal reports featuring best advice; our diligent Central Planning Department team is here to ease the administrative burden for our clients - and keep everything on track.
We pride ourselves on being accountable. That means we’re always looking for ways to help our clients - and deliver peace of mind.
All in a day’s work: Here’s how our team helps with planning safety inspections.
At HESL, clients don’t just deal with a call centre. Our personable and responsive Central Planning Department takes care of all the following aspects of planning safety inspections.
- Our client database – Prime – provides regular reports to tell us in advance of when inspections are due, so the client doesn’t have to remember
- Existing clients are automatically contacted by email to remind them it’s time to book an inspection
- A follow-up phone call is made to ensure the renewal reminder email has been seen
- The inspection is quoted and booked on time - at a convenient point in the day/week when disruption to the client’s business will be minimised
- New clients can contact us at any time - we’ll quote and book their inspection in the same way and add them to the database
- At the time of booking, we’ll take all the details (equipment, type of site, location) required to ensure the Engineer Surveyor that visits on the day is fully equipped with the right tools and enough time to do the work efficiently, yet compliantly
- All inspection location details are provided to the Engineer Surveyor by us – and clients know exactly who is visiting and when
- Central management of Engineer Surveyor diaries means they only have to focus on the safety inspection at hand, ensuring no distractions and full compliance is achieved
- Following an inspection, the Engineer Surveyor will confirm completion to us and complete a full report.
- Reports are then reviewed and signed off by a senior member of our team and the Central Planning Department sends these to the client within 48 hours of the inspection taking place
- If a safety inspection identifies hazards and reveals that remedial work is required, the Engineer Surveyor will communicate this to us, and we’ll be in touch with the client to re-book another inspection after the equipment has been fixed by a third party
- Urgent A1 defect notices are issued on site and confirmed by email urgently
- Previous inspection records are filed (in hard copy as well as electronically) in case details are needed for future reference
- Ad hoc query? We’re only ever a phone call or email away
We work across a range of industries: Automotive, Aerospace, Construction, Marine, Power/Energy, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing & Utilities, Arts & Entertainment, Education, and Care.
Occasionally some sites, such as social housing, need our help to communicate about inspections to tenants. We’re always happy to help with additional requirements such as these.
Put your trust in our expert team.
We invest in a Central Planning Department because, with nearly two decades in the field of statutory inspections, we understand that compliance and safety must always come first.
Guided by the impeccable organisation and robust processes of our Central Planning Department, our Engineer Surveyors can give their full attention to what they do best – quality inspections.
That leaves the client to log off, lock up and go home at the end of each working day/shift, knowing that statutory safety inspections have been done on time, to the highest standard. They never have to chase us. What a weight off their mind.
Planning safety inspections doesn’t have to be a headache. Talk to our friendly Central Planning Department about how we can help you stay on top of examinations and proof load testing for mechanical equipment at your site. HESL is an ISO9001:2015 accredited organisation.