- Location Based: Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU LIVE AND HAVE STATUS TO WORK IN THE UK
Are you an Engineer Surveyor who puts compliance and quality before targets and quantity?
Seeking a better work/life balance with less admin and a supportive team around you?
Ready to improve your engineering skills with a diverse range of inspections and access to external training courses?
With over 30 years of surveying experience, Hutcheon Examination Services Limited (HESL) provides engineering examination and testing services to a wide variety of industry sectors including Automotive, Aerospace, Construction, Marine, Power/Energy, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing & Utilities, Arts & Entertainment, Education, and Care.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified and experienced Engineer Surveyor to become part of our friendly expanding team.
Why our engineers enjoy working with us
- Daily schedule is planned for our engineers by the central planning department at our H.Q.
- Less admin, more time to focus on the engineering work they do best
- An emphasis on quality inspections - not unit targets – means less time pressure
- Customers range from luxury car manufacturers to schools, and music venues to care homes – so every day is varied and interesting
- Friendly peers and accessible managerial support
- Competitive salary and annual bonus (based on company performance)
- A company van is provided (tax benefit), so that we can supply you with all the quality equipment required to do a top job
- Our 9-day working fortnight means every other Friday off (except during bank holiday weeks and personal holiday weeks) and more time for life outside work
- 20 days annual leave + 8 statutory holidays, increasing by 1 day per year after 2 years continuous service (up to 25 days per annum)
- Birthdays off with pay – or nearest working day if at the weekend
- Access to external training courses to keep improving on skills – we champion learning and development
- Statutory contributory pension scheme
What we’ll need to see in you
- A transparent and honest attitude where compliance always comes first
- Accountability for - and pride in - a job done right
- Personable manner with great verbal communications skills and a passion for memorable customer service
- Recognised engineering qualification e.g. Level 3 NVQ / ONC / HNC / HND / EngTech / IEng / CEng
- Current U.K. driving license
- Proven engineering background within a sound mechanical discipline
- Experience in load testing and examinations of simple pressure systems would be a bonus, although external training will be provided
- Familiarity with a wide range of lifting equipment; passenger/goods lifts, cranes and plant
- Ability to work independently but also as a key team member
- Responsive and flexible with enthusiasm for exceeding customer expectations
- Good knowledge of industry trends, developments and changes in health and safety legislation
- Excellent written and organisational skills with keen attention to detail
- IT literate
What your responsibilities will be
- Carry out high quality examinations in accordance with LOLER, PUWER & PSSR (possibly CoSHH and SEMA)
- Ensure examinations are completed in line with a planned daily schedule provided to you by our efficient central planning team
- Produce examination reports using our PRIME reporting system in a professional manner within company service standards
- Build and maintain excellent client relationships and ensure that customer service standards are met
- Demonstrate an awareness of British, European & International current standards
- Maintain technical standards and participate in technical audits (both internal and external)
- Identify possible business opportunities for HESL
Where you'll be working
- Various sites across Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, with some out of area work when necessary
- Based from home with occasional visits to our H.Q. in near Reading, Berkshire
How to Apply
We welcome both experienced Engineer Surveyors from all mainstream engineering inspection companies and other engineering sectors. All ideal candidates will need to have a proven mechanical engineering background, needs to be experienced and familiar with a wide range of lifting equipment; passenger/goods lifts, cranes & plant. Ability to carry out load testing and examinations of simple pressure systems would also be a great benefit although training will be provided.
Please note, appropriate references will be required for anyone applying for this position.
Appropriate references will be required from anyone applying for this position.Apply Now